Monday 16 December 2013

Lollipop WIP

I wonder when I started this top? The pattern was dated 2008. I could only find one page of the pattern so a little bit of creativity is called for. I recall that when I bought the pattern, the fabric line was no longer available so I chose random bright colours planning to give this quilt to a child however anyone in the family can put their dibs on this. I like it myself.  Great colours and I have some leftovers that will go into a modern quilt - one of the many that are running through my mind as I complete UFO's.

Found the fabric that I had chosen for the borders, binding and backing and I appear to have sufficient fabric. That's a relief. Brown 2.5" first border then four different colours for the 6.5" second border.

Borders completed.


The quilt top measures 67" square so it's a fair size. I suspect that I put it aside when I realised that quilting it on a domestic machine would be a major task. Now I have the pleasure of quilting it on Agatha.

I observed that at that stage in my piecing, I was spinning my intersections and actually have very precise joins. That's a good method and I must remember to use it for simple joins.


Now I must return to binding another UFO before I can quilt Lollipop.

No comments:

Post a Comment