Wednesday 18 December 2013

Puppy Quilt

Completed binding "Puppy Dogs" quilt. I designed and pieced this quilt recently. It was planned as a gift for someone who has a lot of puppy dogs. I started quilting it with my Janome sewing machine. I was reasonably happy with my free motion quilting however it was not an easy task.

I completed quilting it using my long arm and eight different patterns. I'll take photos of the eight patterns before I give this quilt away.


Using coordinating solids and the fabric selected for the border, I made a back of columns. I like this structured pieced back.


The quilting really shows up on the back - even my wobbly free motion.


Now onto sewing the binding for Aunty Norah's quilt. She turned 90 last year and she was impressed by my quilts so she's getting one. Her favourite colour is pink - not my favourite and hence very little in my stash so I had to do a bit of searching to find a pink that would coordinate with fabric in my stash.


I put trial blocks into the backing as I though it was a bit bland and needed a spark.


I'll then make the backing for "Lollipops" and load it onto the long arm.

Coffee break needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment