Saturday 14 December 2013

Brown Bear What do you see?

Yet another UFO changing to a completed object. Brown Bear was pieced about three years ago. A certain person was studying to become a pre school teacher and suggested the quilt as being useful with young kiddies. It was started, then life intervened and it was stored in one of the ubiquitous plastic boxes.

To complete the quilt, I decided to experiment with free motion quilting using the long arm. The quilting is a bit wobbly and certainly shows that I have a lot to learn and much practice is needed. Once I had found the fabric that I had put aside for the binding, I managed to complete sewing on the binding in one day.


..

The back is appealing (just learnt how to centre)


And of course, a certain small dog claimed the quilt. Sorry Teddy, this quilt is going to a g-child and the person who suggested the quilt.


Onto the next UFO

No comments:

Post a Comment