Saturday 7 December 2013

Pure Quilt

First Pass
I chose a quilting pattern that echoed the swirls of the fabric. The thread chosen was a grey/blue Aurifil

Hint 1
The first row to sew is a basting row of the wadding to the backing using the channel lock to ensure that the row is perfectly horizontal. This then enables you to lay the quilt top on this straight line.

This is the channel lock. It is like a plastic garter.
I hang it over the handle for storage. It can be placed on either the x-axis or the y-axis wheels. I think that I can use two for more stability but so far it is working with the only one that I have.

Hint 2
This is my "wibble stitch " basting down the side of the quilt. I do gentle small curves, staying within the quarter inch as these stitches will be covered by the binding.


No comments:

Post a Comment