Monday 16 December 2013

Starry Quilt

This one stays with me. It was pieced from a "jam roll". I think that's the right name - a roll of 1.5" strips. It had been sitting around for ages. I loved the colours so on a whim I joined the strips together and played around with my strip ruler. The stars developed on my design wall. As it was an older fabric line, I had a little bit of searching to do to find a toning fabric for the border and binding but was eventually successful.



I'm pleased with this quilt as it was made with scraps.  Improv piecing of course.


The backing contained test squares and various scraps.


This quilt was my first try at custom quilting where I had to resize and rotate blocks. I also experimented with using my crosshatch ruler. And not to be content with trying those things, I also experimented with using a different colour thread in the bottom. The latter was not as successful as "eye lashes" were slightly visible however it did indicate that my tension needed attention.

My starry quilt makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment